Sunday, September 3, 2017

Day 5, 6, & 7

Jeez, this is hard to keep up with!!

So Day 5 was Friday.  I had the day off.  It was wonderous.  With the garden deciding that everything needs to ripen all at the same time, it was great to get a little canning done.  I was still left with 4 grocery bags full of tomatoes, a bag of beans, and a bag of cucumbers.  Thankfully, our friends have this stellar recipe for V9 juice (like V8 but WAY better, incredible Bloody mix) so we gifted a bunch and will anxiously await the arrival of those precious glass jars!

I honestly don't even remember what I ate that day, but I can almost promise you that it was some kind of veggie/potato hash for breakfast.  I did make some Mexican Chicken for dinner with some of the days salsa renderings.  And fruit. Tons of fruit.

Day 6 was Saturday.  I ate 3 compliant sausage links on the way in to work with a banana.  Finished the bag of almonds by 10am.  For lunch, I got lettuce from the cafeteria and made a little "taco chicken salad" with the leftover chicken and some homemade ranch.  Twas delicious.  And then somehow I decided that working a double was a good idea and realized I didn't have dinner.  Cue Addie to save the day.  She brought me a pork carnitas salad with pico and guac from Chipotle so I didn't starve.  So I munched on fruit for the whole day and had 2 salads as meals.

This salad thing makes me giggle.  The first time I did Whole30, I had this underlying fear of salads.  Like I didn't want to be on a "diet" that I could only eat salads.  I wanted real food.  Hearty food.  I had 2 salads the entire first 30 days.  These were in restaurants, and I had brought my own dressing.  Not sure what it was, I actually really like salads, and I love that you get such a wide variety of veggies and flavors with salads, but for some reason, there was a weird fear of salads.  Huh, guess that's over.

So today, Sunday, is Day 7.  Breakfast was of course a hash.  Sweet potato, white potato, onions, mushrooms, tomato, kale, jalapeno, and eggs.  There was way too much for 1 meals, so bonus, lunch is ready as well.  Breakfast portion I topped off with the leftover guac I made on draft night.  Lunch shall be graced with some fresh salsa.  I packed tons of fruit to snack on today as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment