Monday, September 4, 2017

Day 8

After a long weekend, we met some friends for dinner last night.  Eating out can be scary.  I totally resisted the cheese fries and the fried cauliflower, both of which I love.  Drank water and ordered a grilled chicken breast and a baked potato with salsa.  Easy peazy.

I had a nice conversation this weekend about how days off always become days where you do all kinds of things and they are never relaxing.  Yeah, that happened today.  D has been working so hard preparing for our wedding and I was supposed to be helping him.  I am not a good helper.  Too easily distracted.  I did a bunch of other stuff.  But I did score points when I ran into town for some take out bar food and cold beer.  Odie's (said bar) has crinkle fries.  I have an unnatural love of crinkle fries.  None of them made their way into my mouth.  Although they really are "just potatoes", they are frozen with some kind of chemical that makes them delicious and crispy, and then fried in some unknown oil.  Chemical and Fried = off limits.

Today I made a potato and meat hash for breakfast, surprise, surprise.  I can't help it, just love it.  For lunch I ate the leftovers from breakfast and for dinner I had a salad.  Nothing too exciting today.  Bedtime snack is a banana with coconut and cashews.  Love this also.

Did make some more mexican chicken for lunches this week, so much easier when there is stuff in the fridge to just grab and go.  So the recipe for this famous Mexican Chicken - chicken and salsa.  That's it.  Bake it.  Eat it.  And the homemade ranch, also easy - https://www.whole-sisters.com/dump-ranch/  - this is the one that I like the most.  I use canned coconut milk, portion it out into baggies and freeze it.  Then next time you need a batch, it's ready to roll.

Anyways, super tired.  Canned pickles and salsa again tonight, after a long day outside.  And then took a wonderous bath (sans candles, I'm now frightened after the last fiasco).  Fresh air and warm baths wear me out, I'm kind of like a baby.

No comments:

Post a Comment