Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Addie's a Player

A Softball Player, that is!

And in true Bad Mom fashion...I have no pictures.  Although, I do want to make it clear that I am blaming my phone for this!  In today's technology, I have not had to carry a camera because I had one on my phone...key word there...had. 

BUT, what I did want to share doesn't require a picture.  It is burned into my memory as one of the highlights of my Mom Career.

Addie wanted to play softball this summer, something bad.  She had been outside playing catch and hitting balls to get ready for months.  It worked out nice that Brewtus still fetches :)

One of our neighbors and her friend from school plays for one of the other small towns around us and they still had room on the roster, YAY!!  We were excited! 

What I didn't know, is that it would not be Coach Pitch.  I know, I know, she's getting older, blah, blah, blah.  But really, how would I know this?!  She laughed at me.  And also said she has no desire to pitch, there is too much pressure in that job.

Last week, they had a pre-season game.  Against Giants.  No, the team name was not The Giants.  The girls were ginormous.  And our girls got crushed.  It was really discouraging.  The other team was bigger, faster, and way more experienced.  We got nervous.

Last night was her first "real" game.  The other team was more realistic in size.  They were more compatable in ability.  And their pitcher, well she threw the ball at an appropriate 11 year old speed. 

And guess who got a hit, off the pitcher nonetheless.  Oh yeah, that's my Baby Girl. 

She watched the first pitch come in and let it go by.  As the second pitch came in, I held my breath.  She swung.  And hit it!  Her first "real" game hit off a pitcher.  Oh my JOY!! 

So, that's it.  She's a Softball Player.  And she got a great hit.  And we couldn't be more proud!

No comments:

Post a Comment