Wednesday, October 10, 2012

All I Want for Christmas

**Disclaimer, I'm talking about shooting animals - just FYI, if you want to stop now. 
If not, don't say I didn't warn you.

We are still wrestling with our masked friends.  They continue to disturb everything they possibly can out at our house.  It's the fact that they have thumbs that really gets me.  It's seriously like having a toddler trying to deter them from coming back. 

We have 'pests' all the time.  After all we live in "The Country".  There are all kinds of critters out here.  I've also decided that Boxelder Bugs, qualify as critters!!  The deer eat the apples, we eat the deer, circle of life.  Racoons eat grain, cat food, kitten legs, we eat none of the above.  Food chain maybe fits here, not sure.  Just let me go with this - killing little critters is not something I ever imagined would be happening in my first hand life, so the struggle is still there.  I like to eat animals, yes.  I do not like to look at thier faces before I eat them, no. 

However, when they are as destructive as these little monsters, I'm considering sticking one of those fat boys in a crock pot with some BBQ sauce and eating it late night, outside my window, just to show that little bugger who has worked the shutter off, What's Up.  And I'll hold and stroke so lovingly the kitten that he attacked.  And when he looks at me with his little innocent eyes, I'll cry.  That probably isn't the best idea.  I'll just stay inside and let the rest of my family handle this problem. 

I had posted this picture to Facebook a couple weeks ago.

Photo: My Little Killer!  I know, I'm disturbed as well.  But I am so strangely proud of her!

The funny part of this story is that D told me I had to shoot it, like that would ever happen.  To which I promptly replied that he had to shoot this creature - he is the Man, this is Man's work, I would just stay inside and make lunches for our family, this is Woman's work - and before I can finish this sentence, our little girl, a little Woman, comes tearing out of her room and asks if she can shoot it.  Proud Daddy Moment.  I did what any good Mom would do and grabbed the camera. 

I was worried about what would happen when it was actually time to pull the trigger. 

Now, mind you, this is the same child who last year when cleaning a deer, used the legs as telephones and had conversations with imaginary people while talking into the hoof.  It was rather disturbing. 

Nonetheless, I was still worried, she is my little angel, my kind hearted mini me, I could never do something like this, this is why I have D.  I was thinking she would get nervous and not be able to do it.  I was hoping that she would see it's eyes and change her mind.  I was praying that she would have some overwhelming feeling regarding stopping another heartbeat. 

But she didn't.

And she did it. 

And was so proud. 

And her Dad was so proud.

I threw up in my mouth and cried on the inside. 

So, a few days later during a long practice session - she says all she wants in her stocking for Christmas is "a new can of BB's". 

Lord help me, why does D steal all my girls?!?!?!

No comments:

Post a Comment