Friday, August 26, 2011

How I Spent My Saturday

Last Saturday was an eventful day.  I will spare you the minor details, and only fill you in on the highlites. 
Honestly, one of the best funnest days I've had in a super long time!

Woke up and was going to go to work, decided not to.  I cleaned the house instead.  And then I hung up some pictures.  And worked in the garden and burned some yard waste and trimmed some branches.  And went thru the shopping ads and made my grocery list comparing sales and coupons and all that good stuff.  After that I ventrued out to the stores...

I did pretty good.  I think that I am going to start putting my "coupon savings" amount into a jar.  I could possibly finance a new car by next year! 

And I refilled the wine rack.  This is where the story "really" starts :)

So, I open the first bottle.  I'm home alone.  And cutting up the fruit and veggies I bought at the store.  Me and the dogs are singing along to the tune in my head and we're having a gay old time. 

Before I know it, Mariah comes home with a new friend.  I like this girl, she seems nice, I hope she comes back.  They hang out a bit, and then leave again. 

And I'm all alone again, me, and the dogs, and my wine.  So, I crack another bottle. 

Then Deron comes home.  He's been working all day and made plans for us to go 4-wheeling with some friends.  This sounds like fun.  I'm excited.  He tells me to get ready, they'll be here soon. 

I decided that this would be the best time to clean the pool.  And I do.  I spent quite a bit of time out there, vacuuming, and scrubbing, and just plain old lolly-gagging and swimming and having a great time.  Before I know it, I have splashed out quite a bit of water and Deron is hollering that I need to get my butt ready or they will leave without me.

I place the hose in the pool to top it off and head inside to prepare myself.  I put on a skirt, tank top and flip flops.  Yes, this is the appropriate gear to go 4-wheeling in.  Usually.  Not so much today.

We stop down by the river and do a little fishing.  We caught a couple of turtles.  And 1 bit me.  No fish though, they weren't biting.  The bait or me.  We hang out instead.

see, it's fun and relaxing


The river is pretty low.  Like....super low.... and there is alot of mud.  This is fun.  Yes. 
We cruise along a ways and find a nice spot where we can actually get to the island.  It's great, we tootle around a bit out there and start to make our way back to shore. 

"First one to get stuck is a rotten egg"

Man, we stink!  We got stuck first.  Tried to get out the right way, I even offered to get my "extra weight" off  so it might glide over the mud.  No such luck.  Stuck like a pig.  So we get off and look to the left for assistance...and wouldn't ya know it....they are stuck too.  Well, Shit!

Luckily there is a wench attached to Deron's wheeler.  I crawl to shore, and by crawl, I literally mean crawl.  Sinking in mud up to my thighs, my arms and legs take turns sinking and getting pulled out as I crawl out of the mud bank.  Got the wench hook thingie all hooked up and here they come out of the mud.  Huh, that almost looked easy!  Oh, but guess what, some parts have melted, can't turn it back on.  Damn. 

So, those strong, manly men push this wheeler over to the other, hook up the wench hook thingie and pray there is enough juice left to pull the other one out.  There is.  We're all good.  Tow Rope, check.  Hook 'er up, we're outta here!

We get towed home and after a quick rinse and install of better parts, we are off again.  This time, to dinner.  Can I just tell you how much I love that we can ride the 4-wheeler "out to eat".  Ahhhh, country livin!

Oh and remember how I stuck the hose in the pool to refill....yeah, I forgot about it until Sunday morning.  So, I might be holding a fundraiser soon for a new well pump since I am trying to wreck the one we have!

I have no pictures of the mud debacle, nor any pictures of the turtles that tried to take my fingers off.  Oh well, use your imagination.  However funny it is in your mind, is probably how funny it looked in real life!

Anyways, the reason I am sharing my last Saturday story with you today, is that tomorrow, we won't be doing that. 

No comments:

Post a Comment