Friday, October 14, 2011

Making Little Changes

I would like to share a change in my life that has made me very, very happy.  I feel like a satisfied customer, and I feel like my needs and wishes have been listened to and met. 

We made the switch from Netflix to Blockbuster.  And have never been happier! 

When I signed up for Netflix back when I still lived in my apartment, so like almost 10 years ago, it was only $5.99 a month.  And I got all the DVD's I wanted, what a deal!  I didn't have cable and all Addie wanted to watch was Blue's Clues, so it was perfect.  And then they raised the price.  When I lived in my trailer, so approximately 5 years ago, it was closer to $10 a month.  And as time went on, they added the feature of streaming movies, so when we got a Wii, this was awesome, and the price creeped up to about $15 a month.  When we lived on C St, we thought about cutting Netflix, it was an unnecessary item...no, we stayed, for the sole reason of streaming movies. 

Well, since we have moved to the boonies, and we have internet cables that were built along with the invention of the internet (ie, we have barely a step up from dial up) we are unable to stream movies in less than 16 hours with all the buffering and refreshing that happens.  Twas time for a change. 

I started looking at the Blockbuster program.  Dad had it, I remember JJ telling him that it was the same thing except that you had a brick and mortar to exchange.  I wasn't really into that at the time, I thought Netflix was the best thing under the sun. 

This summer, Addie and I went in to the store to rent The Sandlot.  Turns out they have this great summer program where you pay $8 and can rent unlimited family films all summer.  It was awesome.  And for every regular priced movie (new release) we rented, we got a coupon for a free $0.99 movie.  What a deal!  We had a Shrek marathon for $1 this summer (including popcorn and soda)...boo yeah Couponers Rule!!

Anyways, so I did a bit more research on the online program, and it is perfect for us.  They don't offer streaming movies, which it totally ok since we can't watch them anyways.  What they do offer more fits our needs:
A Lower Price
Video Games
New Releases
Unlimited In-Store Exchanges

So, needless to say, the switch was made.  And at the risk of sounding like a commercial, you should make the switch as well!

No comments:

Post a Comment