Friday, July 29, 2011

The Kingdom of B#tches

Mariah was gone to MN for almost 2 whole weeks. I missed her terribly, her sister missed her terribly, and her Dad, well, I think he was a little lost. I am now dreading even more the day that she leaves for college, or after college when she goes on her "Save the Horses" expeditions or when she gets married and moves in with her love.

It is wonderful to see a Dad who cares so much about his daughter. It reminds me a lot of my own Dad. In general, Deron reminds me a lot of my own dad. Sometimes it's creepy. But, it's not a bad thing. They are both some pretty amazing men and I am blessed to have (had) them both in my life.

Anyways, while Ry was gone, Deron did horse chores. And after about the 3rd day, well, let's just say he wanted her to come home. And I secretly think the horse chores complaining was a cover up for his manly emotional hurt of her being gone for so long.

Meanwhile, back in Minnesota, while on one of what I am sure was many trips to Motor Mart, Ry found this little girl kitty near the Stop Sign. She has inherited her grandmothers soft heart, and brought the kitty back to grammas house where she was staying. When she told Deron, "Dad, I found a teeny tiny kitty, I want to bring it home." I distinctly remember him saying, "Leave it at Grammas house, DO NOT bring that kitty home." Needless to say, guess who came home with Mariah and Simba.

Mariah has been home for just over a week now and the other day I come home to find the following note attached to a chair facing the girls' living room:


Let me translate, since Deron writes like a man
*Clean your room & bathroom
*Do your laundry
*Get rid of that cat
*Care for your pig
*Care for your horses

Then you can leave. Don't go anywhere till these are done.









She did clean her room. And she did clean the bathroom. And she did do her laundry. And care for her animals. But the kitty remains.

And she is a fiesty little girl! I may have to eat my words later, but, I think that maybe they were meant to find each other. One fiesty girl to another, they are a bit alike!

She has to be fed in a seperate pile as the other 2 kitties, if they come near her food, she attacks.
She is also in charge. And she will tell you. 
Looking at her compared to the other 2, well, have you ever heard of Napoleon?
She is an itty, bitty, kitty. And she sure is cute.

Her name is Delilah. She stands about 5 inches tall, maybe 7-8 inches long. And she has a very round midsection, which is what generally happens to anything that comes to our house, be it people, animals, whatever. But the good news is that her ribs are no longer protruding.
Originally, I was on board (like the dutiful partner that I am) with finding this kitten a new home. And as more time passes, and I get to see her more and get to know her personality, I am not sure that she needs a new home. I think she fits right into "The Kingdom of Bitches". There are some fiesty women in my house.
Welcome Delilah.













No comments:

Post a Comment